Thursday, June 20, 2013

My sunscreen collection

I have a reputation when it comes to sunscreens. I've managed to convince my family to wear sunscreen whenever they're swimming etc and Mr E has at least 3 bottles of sunscreen in his golf bag. Even the family kids are not spared. 


As you can see in the picture, I have sunscreens from both 'East' and 'West' - US, French, Japanese, Taiwanese brands are all represented. 

A friend recently went to USA and I couldn't resist buying more sunscreens. I'm currently searching for pure physical sunscreens, which explains the am+pm, Coppertone Pure & Simple water babies and Banana Boat Natural Reflect Baby sunscreens. 

Out of the 3 new additions, the am+pm Ultra Soothing Sunscreen SPF50 is the most expensive, at a retail value of NTD$449 or about S$19 for 30 ml. However, the ingredient list indicates titanium dioxide at 11.7%, and I tell myself that I'll use it as sunscreen around the eyes, which makes the cost per ml easier to swallow. 

My neck is visibly darker than my face and this is the best testimony to sunscreens (I've been using sunscreens on my face religiously since my late teens). 

Disclaimer: I did not receive any payment or payment in kind for writing this blog post. Any opinions mentioned are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment