Saturday, June 1, 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliners

After reading raves about the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliners, I decided to order them when drugstore.com was having 30% off their makeup department.

 Not me

Going through the Rimmel USA and UK websites, I quickly discovered that 006 Deep Blue was a USA- exclusive shade. So Deep Blue went into the shopping basket (am a sucker for *insert country of choice*-exclusive). I thought of trying something brighter and 007 Turquoise seemed like a good choice. 

Diagonal left to right:
Deep Blue (1 stroke), Deep Blue (2 strokes), Turquoise (1 stroke), Turquoise (2 strokes)

I felt that Deep Blue is in fact closer to purple, it is very dark and very close to a charcoal grey. Turquoise, to me, leans towards teal but I do like the shine without any glitter particles. I sometimes tightline and I prefer to use eyeliners without any particles in them. 

Rimmel has a "Try It On" feature on their website which is fabulous! You can select a model similar to your colouring/ethnicity (Rimmel USA has different models from Rimmel UK), select the style of eyeliner e.g. winged, cat's eye etc, pick the shade you're interested in and watch how the eyeliner will look on the model.

With eyeliner on the right eye only (Taken from Rimmel's website)

There's even a before/after section where you can choose to see the eyeliner only on 1 eye and see the other eye without eyeliner. Great job on the website, Rimmel!

So far, I've worn the Rimmel Scandaleyes Turquoise eyeliner on two occasions. First time, I used it to tightline for a dinner party (in all air-conditioned comfort) and used a black eyeliner on top of my lashes. Second time round, it was used as 'normal' eyeliner, on top of the lashes, for a morning at the beach (typical hot humid Singapore weather) and subsequently, an afternoon out. 

The eyeliner lasted beautifully during the dinner party but didn't do so well during the second time. There was fallout onto the lower eye area but as the shade was light, it didn't look too bad.  

I do like the texture and the price (RRP USD$4.49) and will continue using the eyeliner. I will attempt to replicate what I used on my eyes during the dinner party again and see if the fallout will continue during the day.  

Disclaimer: I did not receive any payment or payment in kind for writing this blog post. Any opinions mentioned are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment