Thursday, April 25, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new - April 2013

Given that I have many beauty products waiting for their time in the limelight, I shall document the progress and evolution.



Skincare (left to right)
1) Cosme Decorte AQMW Repair Emulsion (sample, 9 ml). Original retail price is S$153 for 200ml. In the original Japanese skincare regime, this is meant to use as softening step after cleansing instead of the 'Western' toner.

AQMW is a premium range from Cosme Decorte and they have one of the most beautiful packaging I have seen in the market (white curlicues, heavy glass(?) bottles and jars). Even their sample bottles are far superior, with the white curlicues printed on them. They also have the typical sachets samples (the BA in Hong Kong was kind enough to give them to me), but I do love the bottle itself (although plastic). 

I did like the smell and texture, however without knowing the ingredients list and their effectiveness, S$153 or S$77 per 100ml is simply too much (for me) to pay for a moisturiser. 

Replacement: Hera Aquabolic Emulsion samples or Su:m37 Water Full Moisturising Gel Cream samples

2) Fasio point make-up remover

This was my one and only make-up remover for the eye and lip area at this time. I haven't quite used it all up yet, but have brought it to HK and will discard after the trip as I estimate there's probably only enough for 1 more night-time make-up removal.

Replacement: Softymo Point Make-up Remover

3) DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

I bought this after trying Fancl mild cleansing oil. The DHC oil has a distinctly olive oil smell but performs as cleansing oils should. I used cleansing oil for makeup removal (followed by point makeup remover for eye area).

Replacement: Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil/ Bifesta Brightup Cleansing Lotion

4) Dr. G Expert Gowoonsesang Actifirm Recovery Emulsion





This was purchased at 50% off at a mall atrium sale. There was only 1 piece, so I took it as a sign that it was meant to be and purchased it. Original retail price was S$61.90 for 100ml of product with an expiry date in 2014 (I believe). According to a sales assistant, this series from Dr. G is meant for aging concerns, for women in their 40s-50s. However, the texture was not overly rich and I was looking for a moisturiser.

Replacement: Yet to be confirmed

Disclaimer: I did not receive any payment or payment in kind for writing this blog post. Any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment