Monday, August 24, 2009

Clothes transformation: Long skirt to summer dress

What are the ways to transform a skirt?

I loved the colour and the asymmetrical hem of this skirt but didn't like the length. After languishing in my closet for a while, I decided to do something so that I would wear it more often.


Original long skirt

With the help of parts from another dress, I decided to sew straps to the waistline of the skirt and to create a sash out of the same material. The straps and sash were a deep magenta pink, which matched the purple accents in the paisley design of the skirt.



Straps sewn on skirt and accompanying sash



In addition, I decided to use a cute ribbon brooch to secure the sash in place. In the above picture, the yellow & brown ribbon brooch is on the left and sash on the right.


How it looks when you secure the sash



The final look

Difficulty level: 1 out of 5

Machine sewing needed: No

No comments:

Post a Comment