Sunday, June 22, 2014

June theme special - Eyebrow products

Due to the shortness and sparseness of my plucked brows, I've been filling them in for a long long time. I can leave the house without sunscreen or any makeup on but I do need my eyebrows!

Recently, I made these 2 purchases in June and thought I'll review them alongside the brow products currently in my stash.

1) IN2IT Waterproof Eyebrow Liner in WB03 ash brown, with a bevel tip. This product strangely still has the 'new' sticker on it, however the manufacture date is 071112 and expires on 071115. This item was purchased in Malaysia for just under RM$18. 

2) K Palette 1 day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h in 02. Manufacturing date: 06 2013.


My current go-to daily eyebrow product is ZA Everbrow in 03 Natural Grey. Before this, I was alternating between a cheap eyebrow pencil from Daiso Korea (see below) and the Integrate eyebrow palette in BR631 and applying it on with a synthetic angled brow brush. 

In the family, my brown shades are the Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil in 643 medium brown, Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil, Dark Brown 001 and ZA's Ever Brow in BR22 (old packaging). 

I'm by no means a beauty snob and I have 2 cheap eyebrow pencils in my stash to demonstrate so. Bilena Eyebrow Pencil in brown was purchased from Daiso and so was deco Olive Auto Eyebrow Pencil (however the Daiso store that deco Olive Auto Eyebrow Pencil came from was located in Korea).

Basically the shades in my eyebrow stash tend to be brown, greyish-browns and greys.


Left to Right
ZA Ever Brow in BR 22 - this brown leans red to me
Ever Bilena Eyebrow Pencil - this cheapie pencil is really difficult to apply/ draw as you may be able to tell by the residue still on my hand
Maybelline Define-A-Brow - the twisting mechanism is difficult
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil - this dark brown leans just a little red on me, if my hair shade was warmer, it might be a great fit
IN2IT Waterproof Eyebrow Liner in WB03 ash brown - this come off as a soft greyish-brown
ZA New York everbrow in 03 Natural Grey - inspite its name, this shows up greyish-brown on me rather than just grey
K Palette 1 day Tattoo Real Lasting Eyebrow 24h in 02 - is a translucent grey on me
deco Olive Auto Eyebrow Pencil shows up as a greyish-black.
Last of all, the grey in the Integrate palette is a soft grey-brown, somwhere between IN2IT and ZA New York Everbrow in 03 Natural Grey

I do like the IN2IT eyebrow liner, it gives me an opportunity to draw soft thicker eyebrows a-la Korean drama queens as opposed to the classic slightly arched brows which I am prone to draw.

Disclaimer: I received no payment or no payment in kind for writing this blog post. Any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment