Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Swatches - Canmake Cream Cheek CL05 & CL06, Love Switch eyeliners and Canmake Just For Me Essence Rouge

I love drugstores and never fail to visit them whenever I go on holiday overseas (we will proceed to ignore the copious amount of swatching and visits I do at drugstores in Singapore).

I managed to swatch these at the drugstore when I was in Kansai.


Canmake has recently (according to a Japanese beauty magazine I have) launched a new shade in Japan - CL06. CL06 is named Clear Peach Sugar whereas CL05 is named Clear Happiness. Personally for my NC25-30 arm, both these colors look washed out but would look great on someone fairer than me. 


I could never resist colored eyeliners and these Love Switch eyeliners were super smooth to apply. I personally find the Indigo Black shade nothing out of the ordinary but the Olive Black shade had a beautiful dark green, is-it-there-isn't-it-there hue to the black. Despite the 'pearl' indication on the display, these eyeliners did not have noticable glitter particles.



Canmake's Creamy Touch Rouge in 03 Sweet Cherry worked so well for me, I thought of purchasing some lipsticks from the Canmake Just for Me Essence Rouge series. To date, there have been 4 shades released - C01 Natural Beige, C02 Camel Beige, C03 Brilliant Red and C04 Pink Coral. 


The pigmentation and colors were good - in this picture the testers were a little gummy but another swatching run at another drugstore showed smooth, glide-on textures. However, I really hated the packaging and forewent (?) purchasing C03. 


All pictures were taken either inside the drugstore with store lighting or outside of the store but inside the subway station without flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment