Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nail polish shopping in Hong Kong

Keen to find certain nail polishes in Hong Kong, I contacted a HK beauty blogger, Jacq after reading her entries on nail polish and asked her for some contacts in HK. She was very kind and told me about 2 stores (and agreed for me to include them in my blog post). Unfortunately, I didn’t make it to the 2 stores, so am unable to personally share more about them. However, I did come across 2 nails stores myself during my trip.

Cher2 is apparently a chain of nail stores (they have 4 outlets in various areas shopping areas and I went to the one near Central mtr station, opposite the big H & M store. It is what I call an “upstairs shop”. The branch I went to stocks OPI, China Glaze, Essie, Orly, Nubar, Jessica, Zoya, Seche Vita top coats, orange sticks, Cuccio gel polish (along with other brands of gel polishes which will need to be UV/LED cured),  UV lamps, etc. 

Storefront after you exit the lift

Interior of the store 

What I liked about this store is that they provide nail swatches that give you a idea of what the colour actually looks like. There are individual shades as well as combinations (e.g. they paint a base coat of shade X, add a glitter/etc coat of Y and paint a mattifying/effect top coat). Great for getting inspiration.  I saw China Glaze being sold for approximately HK$70 onwards (different collections are priced differently) and Nubar was sold for HK$80. 

Nail swatches for Nubar (2 different layers and a matt top coat)

I also came across Kiss nail store at Windsor House (store no 122, closest mtr: Causeway Bay). The store carries Deborah Lippmann, Butter London, Orly Gelfix, Colour Club and others that I can’t quite remember. The Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Set (Coat of Arms Gel Lab Base Coat and Shining Armour Gel Lab Top Coat) were selling for HKS$485 (vs USD$45 from Nordstorm USA).They also stock nail stickers by Kiss, nail wraps, files etc.




Deborah Lippmann also can be found in Joyce Beauty stores (but they had sold out of the Deborah Lipmann Gel Lab Set 1 month after its launch).

I ended up buying these nail stickers from Hong Kong.


Nail stores recommended by Jacq: 
1) Basement floor of K11 Mall (closest mtr: Tsim Sha Tsui)
2) 2nd floor of Chung King Express (closest mtr: Tsim Sha Tsui)

Disclaimer: I did not receive any payment or payment in kind for writing this blog post. Any opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment